Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Flopping Again

Flying hasn't been going so well. All though there is a reason for it this time. I went in for my weekly NST (non-stress test) at my OB office. Logan's heartrate wasn't elevating, it was just staying at the baseline. So they sent me to triage in L & D. They hooked me up to the monitors there and then sent me for an ultrasound test. The ultrasound test came back good. I got back to triage and his heartrate regulated. By then I was getting some contrax so they monitored those. They sputtered out so they sent me home. However, I was told to put my feet up and to take it easy for the weekend. I was also put on limited activity and was told no stairs, walking, standing, shopping, or lifting. So I did as I was told and put my feet up as much as I could. Then today (yesterday) came and I haven't been listening. Today I did my morning routine, did 15 minutes of decluttering in the office, cleaned the kid's bathroom and have most of Alex's room clean. I got to building legos on my list and realized something. Andrew had opened all of the lego sets I'd bought, completed half of each one and gone onto the next set. Not only that but he took some of the legos I needed for the one set I was building and now they are God knows where. So I spent a majority of my nite disassembling and picking up legos off of Alex's floor! Other than that I've gotten a few loads of laundry done. I was feeling creative so I thought I would write. I still haven't shined my sink! Guess I need to start over yet again. I hate when I slack-off like that. When I don't bless my home it makes me feel like a failure as a wife, mother, and housekeeper. I know I shouldn't feel that way but I do. Right now, until I learn differently, it's how I show my family I care.

Speaking of that, I have been doing a lot of research on the internet about how I want to change for the better. I think I have a pretty good list of the areas I want to learn/improve. I've only researched parenting, marriage, step-parenting and housekeeping so far. Actually I didn't have to research housekeeping because I know I will use the Flylady system. Anyway, the areas I have broken parenting/step-parenting down into are discipline, teaching, displays of love (affection), accountability, responsibility, respect, education, morals, values, expectations, encouragement, and confidence. The areas of marriage I would like to work on would be positivity, empathy, committment, acceptance, mutual love and respect, open communication, controlling negative thoughts, foregiveness, problem solving, and family traditions. I seems to me that I haven't figured out all of the areas of marriage that I need to work on. Feels like I'm missing something. I guess I'll have to do some more searching on the internet.

Well today (yesterday) has ended, I'll continue on in another post because I have so much more to say and update you on!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so much going on for you. I have to say though that taking care of YOU first is the most important step. You cannot give what you don't have, so you need to be complete. Take the babysteps one at a time, literally...

    Hang in there.

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete