Sunday, June 6, 2010

Babystep Challenge Day #1 Shine Your Sink

So Jag, one of the moderators in the Flylady chat challenged the rest of us to do the Beginner Babysteps from the Flylady website. Day 1 is to shine my sink. I did it! I shined my sink once today! I am officially fluttering! I am on my way to Flying and having a CHAOS free home. This is just perfect timing! I have gotten a lot done today! I got my Morning Routine done pretty quickly and got busy right after that on Andrew's room. I got interrupted by a counseling appointment and then Alex's physical therapy session. After that I took a cat nap, picked up Andrew from school, went to the bank, and then to the store for a few things. I got right back to cleaning Andrew's room. As I mentioned in my last post he had tons of legos on his floor! I got them all disassembled or picked up the lose ones. His bedding just needs to be washed, his closet straightened and floor vacuumed. I am still going strong tonight with energy so I will probably have a lengthy post again tomorrow.

Let me update you a little bit on Erek and I. As I mentioned earlier we had a counseling appointment today. I showed Erek the list I had compiled of areas I would like to improve/change about myself. He didn't say much about it. I flat out asked him if he thought my list was missing anythin and he couldn't think of anything. So I think I'm moving in the right direction. Dr. Fall, our counselor, asked Erek where he stood on me and him and he responded that he wasn't sure. That's a ton better than him saying he's done. We covered a few more things and it was a really good session, I think anyway.

I am really struggling with breaking the topic of family into smaller areas. I can find a little here and there but nothing solid. I am also having a hard time even finding books on the topic. So far I have expectations, patience and love, serving your family, and acceptance. I know there has to be more!

One of the ladies in the Flylady chat suggested that I set goals to strive for with each area of every major category. I think this is a wonderful suggestion! I really think I need to finish breaking each category down first, compile a list of books I need to read and then write out my specific goals for each area. Once I have gotten this far I will have a goal to strive for and then I can work each day on that one goal until I've accomplished it. Sounds like a plan to me. Tomorrow I am going to the library to get my first book! I am so excited to start THIS personal challenge. Well the dryer just chimmed so time to get some housework done!

No comments:

Post a Comment